Hip Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad
Dr P Gopal Reddy, a senior consultant orthopaedic and joint replacement surgeon at Sunshine Hospital perform all kinds of hip surgeries. His primary focus lies on the knee and hip replacements. He is extremely experienced at hip replacement surgery, typically performing around 500 procedures per year.
He is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon in Hyderabad performing hundreds of procedures each year using the medical advancements and latest treatment interventions. He is the best hip and knee joint replacement surgeon with fellowship training from AIIMS (New Delhi), the world’s most recognised medical centre.
Schedule your appointment now with Dr P Gopal Reddy, Best Hip replacement surgeon in Hyderabad.
Types of Hip Replacements
Hip replacements are of 2 types :
Total hip replacement (total hip arthroplasty): In this procedure, your surgeon will remove both the damaged ball (femoral head) and socket (acetabulum) and replaces them with artificial implants.
Partial hip replacement (partial hip arthroplasty): In this procedure, your surgeon will remove either a ball (femoral head) and the socket (acetabulum) and replaces them with artificial implants but not both.
When you need Hip Replacement?
Hip replacement is for you, if
- You are an arthritic patient with severe pain
- You are experiencing limited hip function, stiffness and swelling
- You feel (“crunching”) of bone rubbing against other bone
- You have tried all non-operative treatments but couldn’t regain mobility
- Your hip pain keeps you awake during nights
- Your hip stiffness limits your ability to move or lift your leg
Preparation for Hip Replacement Surgery
- Fix a date for the surgery and get ready with investigations such as x-rays, blood tests, urine samples and electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Stop taking medications, if any to avoid dental or urine infections
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation for at least 10 days after the discharge
- Hip strengthening exercises both before and after the surgery
After the hip surgery, you have to take utmost care of new hip joint to ensure proper healing and prevent the hip dislocation. The following are the few postoperative tips which you need to follow :
- Don’t bend your hip and turn your foot inwards at once
- Keep a pillow between your legs and skip sitting on low chairs
- Never cross your legs
- Avoid bending your hips past a right angle (90)
- Use an elevated toilet seat
- A 450-bed facility in 130,000 sq ft. built-up area
- Multi-super speciality hospital
- Entire floor dedicated to critical care
- 12 modular operating theatres with laminar airflow
- Exclusive floor for trauma suite – 25 ER beds
- X-ray multislice, CT scan & 1.5 tesla MRI scan, cath lab, 2 operative rooms
- 10-bed trauma ICU emergency with separate entry for ambulance round the clock
Why Dr Gopal Reddy for Hip Replacement?
Dr P Gopal Reddy, fellow joint replacement surgeon always strive to restore joint function and patient activity level as quickly as possible.
- Robotic-assisted knee surgery using robotic-arm technology
- Computer-assisted surgery by utilising computer-assisted navigation
- Private Rooms
- Nurses with specialised training in the care for joint management
- Case management during treatment and after discharge
- Registered dietician to monitor your dietary needs
- Special Medicines for sports people
- Pain clinic for post-surgical recovery and long term follow up
- Preoperative counselling
- Thorough medical checking
- Advanced pain management and progressive physical therapy
- Postoperative accelerated rehabilitation
- A fully customised exercise program
- safety tips at home & work
Are you considering hip replacement surgery ? Have a consultation today
What is a Hip Replacement?
Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which your surgeon removes the ends of the thigh bone affected by arthritis and replaces them with metalheads. He may also replace the socket with a metallic cup using high-density plastic to insert it. The replaced socket will be left uncemented. Total hip replacement is a surgical intervention in which the worn out hip is completely replaced with an artificial hip (called a prosthesis) made of metal and plastic. It recreates the normal functioning of the hip. Though the idea of getting an artificial hip joint may be frightening to some, it is an excellent procedure for treating hip pain and arthritis.
Common conditions treated with Hip Replacement:
Here are the few commonly treated hip conditions :
- Arthritis of the hip joint
- Hip Bursitis
- Labral Tears
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Symphysis pubis arthritis
FAQs – Hip Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad
How Long Is The Hospital Stay?
The hospital stay after the hip replacement surgery is between 7 to 10 days. During these days, you will receive physiotherapy and walking training.
Will I Need Anaesthesia?
You will be given either a general or spinal anaesthetic.
Which type of hip replacement should I have ?
Your surgeon will evaluate your medical history, hip condition, your age and several other factors and recommends the treatment options which fits you.
How long will my new joint last?
Your new joint will last for 15-20 years. Maintain a healthy weight and do regular exercises to keep your new hip joint strong.
What are the results of total hip replacement?
95% of our patients who have received hip replacements are satisfied with the excellent outcomes. They have relieved of pain and disability and regained their ability to live independently.
Is the surgery painful?
You will have little pain following the surgery, which can be managed with the appropriate medications.
When will I be able to get back to work?
You can get back to work within 4 weeks following the surgery.
Am I too old for the surgery?
Age is not a contributing factor for the surgery, if you have good health and desire to lead of active life.
How long does the surgery take?
Surgery approximately requires 1-2 hours including time taken by operating room staff for the preparation of the surgery.
How To Make An Appointment?
To make an appointment,Call at : 91-9949255522 / 9849575899
Email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Website : www.jointreplacementhyderabad.com