Primary Hip Replacement
Dr Gopal Reddy is the best primary hip replacement surgeon certified from recognised Indian and International medical colleges. He is well trained and experienced and uses the latest techniques to offer world-class orthopaedic care for patients with hip arthritis. He has around 20 years of experience in performing a complete spectrum of orthopaedic surgeries.
Dr Gopal Reddy is a highly qualified and experienced orthopaedic surgeon with an impeccable record of offering all kinds of replacement procedures successfully. He is a renowned orthopaedic surgeon, known for his skills in performing primary and revision hip replacement procedures.
He only uses the cutting edge technology, which includes MRI, CT, physical therapy unit and OTs to provide best-in-class orthopaedic care for patients suffering from hip pain. He is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon working at Sunshine Hospitals, Hyderabad, always aims at achieving the best and long term results for hip replacement surgery.
Schedule an Appointment with the best primary hip replacement surgeon in Hyderabad.
Understanding Primary Hip Replacement
Primary hip replacement is a successful orthopaedic procedure in which both the ball and the attachment of the damaged hip joints resulting in pain, inflammation and swelling are replaced with artificial implants. In this procedure, the femoral head and acetabulum joints are removed and replaced with a prosthetic implant.
Primary hip replacement has a success rate of more than 99% and is recommended when all other treatment options failed to provide enough pain relief. Hip pain is considered to be one of the most common reasons for considering a hip replacement. However, the causes of hip pain include dislocation or fracture of the hip bone, inguinal hernia, tendinitis, bursitis, and hip labral tear.
Primary Hip Replacement Procedure
Firstly, you will be put to a conscious state using anaesthesia. Then Dr Goapl Reddy will make an incision alongside the hip and exposes the hip joint. He will then remove the hip ball and replaces the same with an artificial implant. The artificial hip ball is then attached to the thigh bone in uncemented or cemented fashion.
Now, all the damaged tissues will be removed, and the artificial socket will be prepared for the hip bone. Lastly, he will connect the artificial ball to the hip socket and closes the incisions using stitches.
Recovery Period :
You may feel some pain and discomfort after the surgery. However, the pain will fade away immediately and won’t last long. You need to be extra careful and should follow the instructions given to you. Dr Gopal Reddy provides the following guidelines to his patients :
- Avoid bending or twisting your hip
- Take small steps for turning
- Avoid low chairs and toilet seats, instead use raised toilet seats
- Avoid applying pressure to the wound
- Don’t make your hip feel uncomfortable
- Don’t cross or force your legs over each other
Infrastructure Highlights :
- A 450-bed facility in 130,000 sq ft. built-up area
- Multi-super speciality hospital
- An entire floor dedicated to critical care
- 12 modular operating theatres with laminar airflow
- Exclusive floor for trauma suite – 25 ER beds
- X-ray multislice, CT scan & 1.5 Tesla MRI scan, cath lab, two operative rooms
- 10-bed trauma ICU emergency with separate entry for ambulance round the clock
Why Dr Gopal Reddy for Primary Hip Replacement ?
- Best-in-class treatment for advanced hip replacement surgeries
- Nurses with specialised training in the care for joint management
- Case management during treatment and after discharge
- Registered dietician to monitor your dietary needs
- Special Medicines for sports people
- Pain clinic for post-surgical recovery and long term follow up
- Preoperative counselling, safety tips at home & work
- Thorough medical checking
- Advanced pain management and progressive physical therapy
- Postoperative accelerated rehabilitation
- A fully customised exercise program
Benefits of Primary Hip Replacement
- Reduced hip pain
- Increased mobility and movement
- Correction of deformity
- The equalisation of leg length
- Increased leg strength
- Improved quality of life
- Enhanced ability to return to normal activities
Candidates for Primary Hip Replacement
- People with persistent hip pain that disrupts regular activities
- People with osteoarthritis or hip injuries
- People with rheumatoid arthritis, osteonecrosis or bone tumours
- People who have tried alternative treatments but couldn’t relieve pain
Primary Hip Replacement FAQs
What Are The Common Conditions Treated With Primary Hip Replacement?
The following are the few common conditions treated with primary hip replacement:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Traumatic arthritis
- Hip fracture
Will My Stitches Be Removed ?
As we use absorbable stitches, your stitches don’t need to be removed. These stitches fall off within two weeks, if not, then your stitches will be removed.
How Long Will My Total Hip Replacement Last ?
Total hip replacements are highly successful and last for 15-20 years in most cases. However, the period may vary from person to person, depending on the patient’s health condition, implants, and technologies used during the procedure.
Can a Second Replacement Be Done ?
Around 90-95% of hip replacements are successful and don’t fail. However, in some instances, the primary hip replacement surgery may fail because of loosening of the artificial ball, infection of implant, and rupture. In such cases, a second or revision surgery may be needed.
Do I Need a Physical Therapist ?
Yes, the physical therapist will suggest you on appropriate exercises which you should do regularly for faster recovery. We will recommend a physical therapist soon after your operation who keeps us informed of your progress.
What Are The Alternatives To Primary Hip Replacement ?
The alternatives to primary hip replacement are :
- Canes, walkers and other walking aids
- Over-the-counter medications
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Osteotomy of the femur
How Do I Schedule An Appointment ?
To schedule an appointment with Dr Gopal Reddy, Call at: +91-9949255522
Email at : email@example.com
Visit Website : www.drgopalreddy.com